Different areas of Old Economy Village are available to rent for various functions such as weddings, parties, office functions, corporate meetings, and photography sessions. Enjoy the good feelings of the past by booking your function at Old Economy Village today. Contact the Friends of Old Economy Village to make your reservation.
Please call ahead for pricing on site rentals. Facility rates information can be obtained at (724) 266-4500 x 120. Information can also be obtained via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas available for rental are:
- Feast Hall: The Harmonist Feast Hall, built in 1827, sits on the second floor of the Natural History Museum. The Harmonists gathered here on special feast days for communal meals and music performances. The space is 100 feet by 52 feet, seats 300 on reproduction Harmonist benches with matching tables, and is not handicap accessible.
- The Granary is a five-story barn that housed a year’s supply of grain for the Harmony Society. The first floor holds 135 people and is handicap accessible.
- Das Kinderhaus (the Children’s House) is located in a typical Harmonist residence. Today the building is used for educational programming and holds 20 people.
- George Rapp Garden – Visitors to Old Economy described George Rapp’s garden as “neatly laid out in lawns, arbors, and flower beds.” The 1831 Pavilion and fish pond serve as the focus of the garden, which holds up to 350 people.
- Visitor Center Classroom – The Old Economy Village Visitor Center is a modern building that houses exhibits, a film, the gift shop, and a classroom that can be divided in half. The whole classroom holds 75 people, and the half classroom holds 35 people.
- Photography for an Individual – Have your senior pictures and other memories photographed at Old Economy Village.