Frederick Rapp

/Tag:Frederick Rapp

Changes are happening!

Work has definitely begun on the Rapp Houses.  The old electric is being removed and new electric is being installed.  Two "old" doors are being closed up, and two "new" doors are being opened up, or we should actually say "re-opened."  A wall has been straightened and unkeyed plaster is being torn out.  See the [...]

By | 2014-01-10T09:36:31-05:00 January 10th, 2014|Rapp Houses Restoration|1 Comment

The Rapp Houses, a Story of Restoration

The large house or mansion which we know today as the Rapp House is actually not one but two houses.  The first was completed in January 1826 for Harmony Society founder and leader George Rapp.  The second was built in 1828 and attached to the first for George’s adopted son Frederick Rapp.  The houses have [...]

By | 2014-01-10T09:14:52-05:00 December 17th, 2013|Rapp Houses Restoration|0 Comments