The manuscripts relating to the Harmony Society have been moved from the Pennsylvania State Archives to Old Economy Village. A great resource of papers were collected and saved, including information pertaining to the religious, business, and social affairs of the Harmonists.The archives range from 1742 until 1958 and consist of letters, books, periodicals, photographs, lithographs, maps, and drawings. Research is by appointment only. Please call (724) 266-4500 x 111 or e-mail.
- Manuscript Group 185 Harmony Society Papers, 1742-1951
- Manuscript Group 310 John Duss Papers, 1882-1951
- Manuscript Group 330 Knoedler Family Collection, 1900-1940
- Manuscript Group 332 Henry Mohn Family Collection, 1944-1958
- Manuscript Group 354 Old Economy Village Collection, ca. 1813-1953
- Manuscript Group 437 Karl Arndt Collection of Harmony Society Materials, 1794-1949
Old Economy Village is in the process of digitizing the collections. To view what is already done please follow the link here.
If you have questions or wish to speak with someone regarding your research please contact Curator Sarah Buffington, (724) 266-4500 x 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org